3DCoat Forums

Imported Mesh is Tiny. Why?

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

Hi, my mesh in Blender is quite large. (X:2 Y:14 Z:2) I exported it from Blender as an .obj with the default settings, but when I imported it into 3DCoat Voxels it is tiny. I don't understand why?

If I scale it up in 3DCoat then it will mess up any changes I make in Blender. What should I do, I was hoping 3DCoat would import the mesh at a 1:1 ratio.

Any help is appreciated! :)

pg

• Reputable Contributor

Hi, my mesh in Blender is quite large. (X:2 Y:14 Z:2) I exported it from Blender as an .obj with the default settings, but when I imported it into 3DCoat Voxels it is tiny. I don't understand why?

If I scale it up in 3DCoat then it will mess up any changes I make in Blender. What should I do, I was hoping 3DCoat would import the mesh at a 1:1 ratio.

Any help is appreciated! :)

pg

It probably has to do with the units of measure. If they are generic units, 3DC may not read them same from one application to the next. You can scale the model up in the Voxel Room without worrying that it will mess your scale up on return to blender. You will get a prompt asking if you want to preserve the scale you imported at, when you're ready to export your model. Maybe Michalis can chime in here, as he uses Blender as well.