3DCoat Forums

Another killer app

Great find, thanks! It's very picky, I failed with 2 projects. Looks like only very well textured objects work with a lot of overlap, a kind of releif. I merged vertex color with facets in Meshlab. OBJ doens't work well, ply and wrl are fine. I wonder what be a right workflow with 3dcoat. post-6912-0-36221600-1311694218_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member

It is a free version of Photofly.

Photofly will probably be incorporated in something expensive end of this or next year ( ? ) .

It's slower . I tried something that resulted in a pointcloud but no mesh. They should get support for trying to make it for free!

Follow easy scanning rules to get dense 3D point clouds (3D scans) with full color. Point cloud is an accurate 3D representation of a real object. Starting with point cloud you can make accurate 3D copy of an object. My3DScanner will turn your camera or mobile phone into 3D modelling device.

In a way point cloud is raw material to create a complete 3D model.

Your scan can be very precise with resolution and accuracy compatible with professional multi-thousand dollars’ worth equipment (of course, the quality of your scan will depend on how good your photos are). If you want professional results, take professional photographs.

You will receive your point cloud in widely used in 3D world .PLY format for free. To view .PLY file you can use your browser (not Internet Explorer, sorry), or download free or professional software here to play with it at your computer.

We do not store your source photographs. They are erased form our server as soon as 3D point cloud is created. We have no intent and no right to use them other than for making 3D model for you. And we have no facilities to store them.

You have a title for the 3D point cloud you create. We do not store it and will erase from our servers in several days. You can erase it immediately from our servers in My Projects menu (just click DELETE). But you can freely use, modificate and manage your point cloud after having downloaded it to your computer. You have all the rights and liabilities. We don't. We are just your servants.