3DCoat Forums

Painting modus

Txterman

Hi Amdrew, I have a request for future version s of 3DC.

As you know I use the painting section of 3DC a lot, I think it is a very good and easy system.

My request is implementing a (personal)position memory slot system, where man can temporarely save current or often used positions of the material/masks/camera.

Maybe even having the possibility to save the position slots together with other file information to disc.(Attachment)

Nice & very handy to have for precise texture painting f.e. with my resourses (Perfecttex)

Than in the same context this question, when I use the rotation(camera) tool it would be nice f.e. with the Shift key to freeze the tilting when using it,

with other words the model keeps its same vertical/horizontal position (Attachments)

Thanks for your nice program!

post-2113-0-13940900-1313831938_thumb.jp

post-2113-0-75187400-1313831947_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

there are already 'Camera Shortcuts' (add, delete, switch-to) available, but your suggestion of

saving position of mask/material plane could be handy. I guess Andrew would just have to store all

position/rotation/scale data of the mask/material plane in use out to an xml file we could save/load?

...hopefully a small modification. ;)

Hi Amdrew, I have a request for future version s of 3DC.

As you know I use the painting section of 3DC a lot, I think it is a very good and easy system.

My request is implementing a (personal)position memory slot system, where man can temporarely save current or often used positions of the material/masks/camera.

Maybe even having the possibility to save the position slots together with other file information to disc.(Attachment)

Nice & very handy to have for precise texture painting f.e. with my resourses (Perfecttex)

Than in the same context this question, when I use the rotation(camera) tool it would be nice f.e. with the Shift key to freeze the tilting when using it,

with other words the model keeps its same vertical/horizontal position (Attachments)

Thanks for your nice program!

If I understand correctly, Mudbox does this in their bookmarks. In addition to the camera properties, the stencil rotation, scale and translation are also saved, along with the stencil texture that was selected at that time. I'll vote for this too, its an extremely handy feature in mudbox, it would be awesome in 3dc.

-Paul