3DCoat Forums

This would be a killer feature!

vivi

• Advanced Member

I have made this video to show what I think would be a very cool feature and work-flow in 3D-coat!

Notice how flexible this work-flow is... This is what is still missing in 3D coat! Flexibility!!

This is not about rooftops..it is about work-flow. If 3D coat could do this..then it could do many other crazy things, even Z-brush would not be able to do.

The point is to stay flexible. As you see in the video, I was able to change almost everything at any stage, while progressing. I can go crazy, and be creative and just keep adding details..and still I can go back and change

the roof tiles completely. This is power!! What you see here could be applied to totally other things. like a knights armor, or for some fancy curved spaceships etc. The possibilities would be maybe endless?

I tried modeling the same in 3D-coat..it was actually cool to use the curve tool. but yeah voxel..once laid down..u have to stick to it.

Yet, what u see is just made with the tools I had...no scripting. If I were able and smart enough to script..I would be able to go even more crazy!!

I hope u find this interesting, and that 3D-coat goes more towards efficiency, flexibility !! It is what matters in production. Where is the point if u have some kick-ass stuff, but the client wants to change something..then u are literally screwed.

• Advanced Member

I have made this video to show what I think would be a very cool feature and work-flow in 3D-coat!

Notice how flexible this work-flow is... This is what is still missing in 3D coat! Flexibility!!

This is not about rooftops..it is about work-flow. If 3D coat could do this..then it could do many other crazy things, even Z-brush would not be able to do.

The point is to stay flexible. As you see in the video, I was able to change almost everything at any stage, while progressing. I can go crazy, and be creative and just keep adding details..and still I can go back and change

the roof tiles completely. This is power!! What you see here could be applied to totally other things. like a knights armor, or for some fancy curved spaceships etc. The possibilities would be maybe endless?

I tried modeling the same in 3D-coat..it was actually cool to use the curve tool. but yeah voxel..once laid down..u have to stick to it.

Yet, what u see is just made with the tools I had...no scripting. If I were able and smart enough to script..I would be able to go even more crazy!!

I hope u find this interesting, and that 3D-coat goes more towards efficiency, flexibility !! It is what matters in production. Where is the point if u have some kick-ass stuff, but the client wants to change something..then u are literally screwed.

No opinions?? dissapointing! :(