3DCoat Forums

Help with add texture on object.

CoatFly

I still testing the 3d coat trail 3.7.0.1b

Since i found vlender applink i can apint, offcorse i need to still figure out some things.

Now i try to texture some object. And i get stuck on that.

It seems that the tutorial video use a different 3d coat version. i dont see any material preview window.

The screens look a bit different to.

Some help or right instructions how to add a material on object would be welcome now.

The fastest experiment you can do to get familiar with how 3DC likes to do things is this:

1) Click the Voxel Room tab and add a Sphere (Tool Panel) or just add a Voxel sphere from the starting panel.

2) Right click the active Voxel Layer and choose "AUTOPO/AUTOPO with Ptex" and just leave the defaults ("OK, Next, Next" - click these in the forthcoming dialogs).

3) Wait a couple of minutes and click "OK" in the next dialog.

4) Now you are in the Paint Room - at the top of the interface are 3 differently colored spheres, uncheck each one.

5) On the top left of the Tool Panel are the Color Swatches, click the top one and choose a color. To add a material, which will effect the Specular and Displacement that you paint on your sphere, just click one of the Materials and start painting.

Greg Smith