3DCoat Forums

New requests for this wonderful program

Dinoraul

This is really a wonderful program.Especially I love the symmetry painting feature.It is most useful.

There are some things missing or not working so well.

1)Color picker works only with default brushes,not with custom ones.

2)Is it possible to add auto-rotate feature for brushes(so that every mouseclick changes the angle of the brush)

3)Custm image size for texture(now its predefined)

4)If saving in psd format,program starts always complain about memory.

5)And Im wondering why the filesizes are sooo huge when saving from 3D coat?(It usually at least 100MB,after oversaving with Photoshop,it usually only 20-30MB)

6)Is it possible to switch off height and specularity layers so they are not active by default?

Thanks and keep up a good work on this brilliant growing program!!!

6)Is it possible to switch off height and specularity layers so they are not active by default?

This reminds me of something I was going to request. If 3DC would remember more settings when you close it (or it crashes) For example, I was painting with a specific color, I closed the program and restarted it, now it's back the the default green. The options Dinoraul could also be remembered. Perhaps if it wrote some of these changes to a config file as soon as you make them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew;

I would like to suggest a simpler version of 3D Coat that could bring you great financial rewards. See the following website for the 3 major functions of the new suggested produc. --> http://www.n-sided.com/3D/argile.php?rub=1

Only additional functionality that would be needed is to bring in 2 models into the workspace and edit the mesh on either to conform to each other. For example bring in a human obj and also a clothing object and edit the mesh on either obj.

Also keep the great 3D Coat user interface so when someone wants to upgrade capabilities they won't need to learn a new interface.

I see great potential for this product with people who purchase models from Daz or Renderosity and just want a tool to make minor adjustments and changes not create new creatures.

Keep up the great work and thanks

Doc