3DCoat Forums

Sci-Fi Female Hero

David Schoneveld

• Advanced Member

This is the hi poly version of a game character I'm working on. Star trek like world. I want her to be beautiful while not cliche game character sexy. I know that means a lot of fine tuning on the face(and lots of undoing hah), which I've done but more yet to do, esp on the eyes.

Hi rez for promotion and for other images of her in game not obviously so much for the super low rez in game version she will eventually mostly be. Still learning a ton and tons more to learn. Everything still needs work as this is still early, but face and hair are getting there.

WIP_hero1.jpg

• Advanced Member

here's the update.

WIP_Hero2.jpg

The jacket is just me sketching and messing around with ideas. I'll basically completely re-do it.

Right now I feel like she looks good front view but there is definitely something going on not quite right yet on the 3/4 view on the left.

• Advanced Member

Ok back to basics I just posted that update, and sort of took time to reflect on what's wrong. To get there I used reference then tweaked fixes off it b/c just using reference it didn't look good. Well I went back to reference and saw a few huge areas I've drifted far from. Forehead was much too small and the front of the face got wider as I kept sculpting. Here's the update from reference fixes.

hero_WIP3c.jpg

• Advanced Member

Thanks! Its actually not a blaster, altho I can understand why anyone might think that. She's an engineer and I came up with this idea of the any tool. A small box and can 3D print any tool in a moments notice, when you put it back it reuses that material next time. So the sphere area is a swipe control or some sort of control panel and the lower area is (well right now honestly just a few parts from the greebles model kit) But it will be more clearly a box that for the printed tool to come out of (we'll never see that in game so just for show)