3DCoat Forums

gonna fiqure out this 3d thing:D

shape shifter

Welcome and looks nice, very organic.Only the ear needs some shaping.

You can attach the pics here, no need for external picviewers.

Thanks for the help SpacePainter and the pointers on the ear:D icsnt seem to figure out how to attach images without using an external image hosting site help please

screenshot_02.jpg

screenshot_03.jpg

screenshot_01.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I think you've improved! But the one thing I have to say is it seems you are adding detail way too soon. I'm not an expert on 3dCoat workflow but I usually try to get the voxels as smooth as possible before I add any detail to them. For example the first head that you show is almost 1Million triangles. But the same level of detail could have been sculpted at 100,000

I think you've improved! But the one thing I have to say is it seems you are adding detail way too soon. I'm not an expert on 3dCoat workflow but I usually try to get the voxels as smooth as possible before I add any detail to them. For example the first head that you show is almost 1Million triangles. But the same level of detail could have been sculpted at 100,000

Thankyou Kay you are right on the mark there. I have been working on pushing my sculpts as far as possible before upping the resolution , I still strugggle with this and jump into details to early,but I will get there the first sculpts took forever at a high res. but lo res is so fast:)