3DCoat Forums

iPad iOS5 is coming out and Zbrush 4 R2 will be running on it.

L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?91017-I-can-Zbrush-on-my-ipad!

They'll be utilizing Open CL to make it run really fast.

This guy has already got Zbrush running on the iPad though only at 5fps. The real deal is coming in the next few months and with the huge adoption of iPads this is significant.

Should 3d Coat be looking at this market? Is it already?

• Advanced Member

So they will use open cl to port zbrush to ios5 when it's always been a cpu act all along. Why do I smell unreliable informations ?blink.gif

I'm paranoid (but I've got all the reason to be) but that sounds more like an attempt to push andrew to tighten osx development to me...

I'm not pushing Andrew to do nuthin.

It's a developing situation and if it does materialize then maybe he should look into it. Ipads are the future and that may be where a lot of business is.

Hi

there are some Sculpting Apps on the Market, i checks most of them out and all are nice for playing a round but not for

really working.

Sculpting Apps are:

iDough

SculptPadHD

123D Sculpt (Autodesk free App)

Idough and 123d Sculpt are usable but with limitations like no pressure control you must set before you stroke the valve but in idought you can set acting more real with smaller begin and end of the

stroke .

iPad without pressure Control and without Tablet our sensitive touchpad support is not a real Utility to sculpt, is nice to play a round or make a scribble but that was better made with a sketching app than in 3d.

I test most 3d Apps that are on the Market with iPad and believe me not one of them is more than a nice Toy. The hole iPad is not more than that ;-)

My big Mistake was to think that a iPad was like a Tablet PC so i buy very early one of them after a time (at me 6 Month) my Wife use it to look what coms today in TV

Many other People i know pic up every Day here iPad and do nothing with it others than read or writhe mails or take a short look to some websites every phone can do same

The only real working App i know is Citrix Xen App receiver, with them and a good scaled xen Server you can use a iPad truly for working solutions all other Things

like Mail Web Project database are better in a Phone a second way to use it in business is for some reason as a presentation device the hole Rest is nice to have but not really need able.

In the Future if iPad 30 coms up it may be that the devices than more free for developers ( i don't believe it) and High End Hardware is so small and small energy needing that Apps like 3d or Video Cutting

is Business like performant

I am sure that some others think others than me but that are my personal experience with iPads

greetings from germany and sorry for my english ;-)

Andre

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?91017-I-can-Zbrush-on-my-ipad!

They'll be utilizing Open CL to make it run really fast.

This guy has already got Zbrush running on the iPad though only at 5fps. The real deal is coming in the next few months and with the huge adoption of iPads this is significant.

Should 3d Coat be looking at this market? Is it already?