3DCoat Forums

fps...

Voxelapocalypse

Oh, sorry, I have the latest Trial version 3.7 16a. DX.

Cuda...I wish...haha.

I have a Gateway DX4822

INTEL PENTIUM ® Dual Core CPU

E5300@2.60GHZ 2.60 GHZ 2 MB l2 Cache 800 MHZ FSB

64 Bit system

6 GB RAM DDR2 SDRAM Memory 6144 MB

Intel ® G45/G43 Express Chipset

Intel ® 4 Series Chipset processor to I/O Controller-ZE20

Integrated Intel GMA X4500 Graphics Solution

1 TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

I'm kinda new to PCs and not entirely sure what it all really means.

I just used the Airbrush Tool after posting this, and I unexpectedly barely broke 100!...wheeeeeeeeeee

WOW...300-500fps. Must be smooth and fast. :huh:

I'm at what feels like a decent speed I guess. It's a good learning speed I think.

If it were any faster I would probably loose control and fly off the marble mouse

and my tablet would wear into a pile of plastic dust...haha

• Contributor

Looking at your rig I would say you can't expect very high framerate. Intel GMA chipsets are pretty crapy for 3D creation software they're actually designed to be used in a desktop environnment, not so much games and therefore not much 3dsoftwares (I've one on my old fujitsu tablet pc, it can't even run maya), but the real limiting factor here is most certainly your cpu.

I kinda lost touch with the hardware world (not paying too much attention to the latest tech only buying the best hardware for my machine when I feel limited that's all) so I can't really say how much your cpu is lacking but I think E5xxx were 4-5 years ago. So since you don't have a gpu acceleration (cuda) all calculation is done on your cpu which is a bit weak by today's standard.

Sorry for the bad news. You can always try open gl version as I recall GMA having better opengl integration than dx one (your chip is the first to support dx 10 in the gma line if I recall correctly) in the voxel room make sure you have "incremental render" checked in the voxel menu, and in preferences>viewport (not sure if this reduce the load a lot but worth a try): activate lower quality shaders.

Your best bet is working with surface mode as soon as possible (compare my fps ^^): if you start with a fairly low polycount you can add details with liveclay brushes without consuming too much ressources.

Thanks for the info beatkitano. Really appreciated.

I checked, and already had "Incremental Render" checked by default.

I get an error when I try running GL for some reason.

Do you have any recommendations for me to replace my Graphics Card with?

I'll be in "Live Clay" land next week when I buy the Educational version. I'm stoked. :)