3DCoat Forums

Living stone - character

• Advanced Member
Great work Pavel.

Did you used Disp or normal maps ?

Did you used the standart c4d renderer ?

finally i used displacement map and C4D GI renderer (gray sky and two flat lights) and post production :-)

PS: Usually use I a HN with high sub. renderer value without SPD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lottmedia

The model and lighting are good, I love the effect of the eyes looking out of the essentially monochrome scene, but I would have to say if the concept is to convey stone in some way it was lost on me. If the title hadn't given it away, I can honestly say I wouldn't have even thought stone. Albino maby, but not stone. The texture just conveys skin, white skin, but just skin, there didn't seem to be any details that would not be present in a normal face. The scene seems very futuristic to me, some type of creche clone or something like that.

Anywho, it is very nice, like I said, I like the general feel of the scene.

Casey

• Advanced Member
The model and lighting are good, I love the effect of the eyes looking out of the essentially monochrome scene, but I would have to say if the concept is to convey stone in some way it was lost on me. If the title hadn't given it away, I can honestly say I wouldn't have even thought stone. Albino maby, but not stone. The texture just conveys skin, white skin, but just skin, there didn't seem to be any details that would not be present in a normal face. The scene seems very futuristic to me, some type of creche clone or something like that.

Anywho, it is very nice, like I said, I like the general feel of the scene.

Casey

You are right a problem is in a feeling. Wanted I do "a stone turn to life", or man turn to "stone" with plaster powder? I wanted to achieve a second one...

It is a still wip, I want to finished it but I must reinstal f*cking Win Vista64 back to WinXP this week...

THX, P