3DCoat Forums

Stereo view + Oculus Rift and 3D coat

Routb3d

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I'm trying to have a VR experience using 3DCoat and the Oculus Rift.

IZ3D - not working with current version - or at least on my system.

Nvidia Stereo - Not working

Vireio Perception - working - 2D side by side

VorpX - working - 2D side by side

2D side by side is cool but lacks the depth of having 2 cameras at slightly different positions..

Vireio Perception will also put out Anaglyph renderings which appears to want to work in 3DCoat DX. Something is causing the anaglyphic image to cut in and out and only show while the scene is being rotated.. I tried turning off incremental rendering, tried adjusting many Nvidia GTX driver settings and even tried running through the Intel 4000 graphic processor rather than the Nvidia card.. It all seems to work the same..

There is a Oculus Rift program called Deskope that will convert any program on the desktop to a side by side image for the rift. Deskope also allows head tracking to look at different parts of the virtual monitor. Deskope even goes as far as to simulate anaglyphic glasses for 3D content. I figure that I may be able to get 3D coat rendering with an anaglyphic driver and pipe that image into Deskope for a best case scenario 3D experience.

Does anyone have an idea on how to simply get 3DCoat 4 displaying anaglyph 3D smoothly?

Thanks,

Isaiah 

• Contributor

I tried with iZ3d drivers a while back, could only get anaglyph mode as interpolated wouldn't work. It was an underwhelming experience: you need to have a dynamic depth plane adujstment on the fly when zooming/unzooming because otherwise you get a big image difference on a highly zoomed area, and a minor if not downright invisible difference on unzoomed (you can even get eye switching if you unzoom too much !).

That, and the cursor is still 2d so it's useless for sculpting, you can't use it with 3d display. If I remember correctly we already had this discussion a while back...