3DCoat Forums

Couple of questions

Urf

I've been stuck in Blenderland for years now. Just recently have I explored the "other" software packages to help me fulfill my graphical needs. WOW this package looks amazing. My question is I use both Windows 8.1 64 bit and Linux Mint 64 bit for various things. If I make a purchase I see that I am entitled to use this software on multiple machines but is this for the same OS or once I make a purchase I can download it for both and switch back and forth when needed?

My other question is performance related. Blender usability is identical between Windows and Linux but Linux offers me a very noticable improvement in speed of rendering etc. If I can only use this application in one OS which one gives the best performance boost. I do have a Cuda card and have both systems configured for its use if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your time.

PS. Si Bennett from YouTube is a rockstar salesman for your product. If it wasn't for him I may have overlooked this hidden gem.

Hi! Welcome aboard. :)

For your license question, it is an additional $40 for a companion license, so if you wish to buy a Windows license at the regular price, it would be $40 for a Linux addition, and $40 for a MacOS addition. Here's the link for the page to do so, which also has the price listed on it:

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=3183202&referrer=andrewshpagin

For the performance related stuff, I use 3DC on all platforms, and find the best performance on Linux. I think that the performance is about equal between Windows and MacOS, with a slight edge toward Windows.