3DCoat Forums

Autopo not working and re-importing reference mesh

Anssi

Hi, new user here!

I have a hi-poly model which I need to retopo and 3D Coat seems a great way to do that. But I have a couple of problems. Not sure if there is a bug or if it is just an invalid user error. :)

When I try to import my mesh and do autopo operation for it, nothing happens. It creates the retopo group, but no polygons are created. Am I doing something worng? I paint the high density areas and create the strokes but nothing happens.

Also the strokes are not working in manual retopo. Perhaps this is why the autopo fails also? I created the strokes and pressed enter and all it creates is few tris which do not seem to follow any logic. See attached screenshot for what happens.

And lastly, in my hi-poly reference mesh there are some flipped normals which I didn't notice until after I started to manually retopo. Is it possible to re-import corrected reference mesh so I do not lose my previously made retopo group?

I am using version 4.4.17 DX64 version.

Thanks alot for any help!

post-38840-0-95211700-1417678137_thumb.j