3DCoat Forums

Autopo and symetry question

Elowan

hello,

in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trTqnA2M9iE there are some settings about symetry, when starting the AUTOPO routine...

(also see image)

Now in 4.5 beta, this options seem to be gone (there is only a hint, to turn on symetry, if the object is close to be symetrical...)

But when I set symetry to "x-axis" (on which the object is symetrical, indeed), I get no retopo-results! There is some message-popup flashing, but it is gone too quick for me to read...

There is something about setting "radial symetry", when using AUTOPO routine... but I do not understand what to preset here... I tested a few options, but got a really weird mesh as result (one side seems to be fine, pother side just total chaos)

Basically I want to help the routine get better results by telling it, that I got a symetical mesh to re-topo.

How does this work correct?

Cheers!

post-38872-0-16266300-1421677489_thumb.p

• Contributor

You dont need this options anymore.

It is now based on the Symmetry itself.

That means, if you have X Mirror On, autopo use automaticly X Mirror.

Same should work with other axis and Radial stuff, but i dont have test everything.

About your missing Retopo.

Did you have checked if it is the same problem as i told you a few weeks ago?

Edited by Malo

Hey Malo,

nope, this time it was another problem - the object´s symetry was on Z, not on X... I guess, if you set wrong axis to symetry, retopo will not give any results at all...

Anyways, now it works, thanks for explaining. Would be cool to have videos, that are made with an up-to-date version...  ;)

Ok, so these options are not needed anymore.

Then I guess I´ve done it right.

Only thing is, that AUTOPO sometimes do not put an (straight) edge-loop right on an edge (even if I draw a guideline near an edge).

Maybe that´s because I had to give more resolution in voxel-room, to get "sharper" edges?!

(I mean, the edge-loop does not stay on the edge, but fades away "left or right" but is not straight vertical...)

Cheers

Edited by Elowan