3DCoat Forums

anti aliasing in all operations

ohiovr

I'm surprised to find the words 'anti aliasing" missing in this message board. Am I missing something? I'm new to this software. Everything I draw has big nasty jaggies at 2k res. It should be blurry before jaggy. I'm going to have to work at the highest possible resolution and step the image down in photoshop with bicubic resizing to get the results I want.

Are there plans on having anti aliasing implemented in a future version? Seems kind of important...

I'm surprised to find the words 'anti aliasing" missing in this message board. Am I missing something? I'm new to this software. Everything I draw has big nasty jaggies at 2k res. It should be blurry before jaggy. I'm going to have to work at the highest possible resolution and step the image down in photoshop with bicubic resizing to get the results I want.

Are there plans on having anti aliasing implemented in a future version? Seems kind of important...

In general all drawing in 3DC is antialiased. But if brush size is less then pixel or drawing edge width is too small rough edge can arise. Also, look at this topic:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...amp;#entry10219

In general all drawing in 3DC is antialiased. But if brush size is less then pixel or drawing edge width is too small rough edge can arise. Also, look at this topic:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...amp;#entry10219

I think I am catching on. I've noticed that low subdivision amounts display jaggies even on the color channel. It appears that all drawing on the model is in reality vertex color painting and some kind of interesting translation occurs in the low poly view. I've noticed that a 4k x 4k texture created with a .3 million polygon subdivided object is going to look a lot worse than a 10 million poly object with a 2k x 2k map, even in the color channels.

It would be nice if those in between vertices got intermediate values. Look at the difference between photoshop text and 3d coat text:

3d-coat:

3dcoat.jpg

photoshop:

photo_shop.jpg

I did not scale the images. You can see some pixel blending in the 3d coat image but it really isn't anti aliased, just blurred a little.

I really like this program (I just bought it today). So I have a lot to learn.