3DCoat Forums

FBX With Multiple Objects Import Problem

Teriander

Hello,

When I import an FBX file that has multiple objects inside of it, 3D-Coat automatically assigns all of these objects into a single UVMap.  That is not what I want, I want each object to have its own UVMap coords without any UV relationship with any other objects that were inside the original FBX file. How is this separation possible?

Thanks! 

• Reputable Contributor

Since I do not know which software you are exporting from, you could try importing with uv tiles selected... This is so that Maya and other software that use different type of uv shell layouts can be imported into 3DC and then exported back into those layouts...  3DC will put the uv tiles into their own separate uv sets for use in the paint room.

The above might not be the answer as I do not know which software you are exporting from.

Edited by digman

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you need to use "unwarp UVW" and "UVW Mapping Clear" modifier to assign different "UVW Channel" for each object.

for example, there are 3 objects.

The first one is not need to modify.

The second one, add a "unwarp UVW" modifier, change the  "Map Channel" to 2, then add a "UVW Mapping Clear" modifier, make sure the  "Map Channel" is 1. now the second object's "UVW Channel" is become to 2.

The third one, add a "unwarp UVW" modifier, change the  "Map Channel" to 3, then add a "UVW Mapping Clear" modifier, make sure the  "Map Channel" is 1. now the second object's "UVW Channel" is become to 3.

Now export to a fbx file, you will get what you want.