3DCoat Forums

tree321 WIP-s

tree321

• Contributor

Your image compositions looks "quick and dirty". Take more time for them or concentrate on the models. Your modeling skills are better up to now, then your collages.

I agree Taros.I should spend more time on them.

• Contributor

Fountains

Some conceptual ideas for fountains.Some are more stylized than others.Just playing with possibilities here.I may come back to these later, but for now this is what I have.Going for overall look and feel of some of these rather than pure realism.

post-913-1243436132_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243436149_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243436163_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243436172_thumb.jpg

Your image compositions looks "quick and dirty". Take more time for them or concentrate on the models. Your modeling skills are better up to now, then your collages.

That is a little harsh, don't you think? It is a Work In Progress Thread... Isn't that the place you put ideas and things that are being worked on?

• Advanced Member
That is a little harsh, don't you think? It is a Work In Progress Thread... Isn't that the place you put ideas and things that are being worked on?

I have to agree. Some people don't like to obsess over details too much. What's the point in spending ages making something that's only going to hold an audiences' interest for a minute.

Tree's clearly aiming for quantity as much as quality and so we gotta cut the dude some slack. Think of the thread as a very good 3D sketch book.

• Contributor

I think Taros was mainly commenting on the Photoshopped images in that comment, which I have to agree with somewhat, especially the Fantastic Four work which was done rather quick and dirty.But I really have too many ideas to put down so some things have to be hastened.Not everything's a masterpiece but hopefully there is a gem or two in every pile of rock. :)

Forgot to add lion fountain.(See above)

Exploring possibilities.

• Contributor

OK, today and tomorrow will be the last days posting new works for a while. I just checked the beginning of this last thread and I have posted at least one image a day since May 6th.That's a lot of posts. :o :)I'm sure some of you are getting sick of seeing tree321 at the top of this thread everyday :lol: and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it too.

I hope that everyone who has dropped by over the last month has gotten at least something out of this flood.My intention was to show some of the possibilities of voxel sculpting and to hopefully inspire others to push the limits of what can be done in 3DC up to this point.I'm sure others will exceed the level of quality in their sculpts then the ones that have been presented here, it is my hope that my work will also continue to improve.I never seem to be content with yesterdays work but strive to better myself tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and even your harshest criticisms.I'm glad to be part of this community and hope to continue posting here for a long time.

End of boring speech. =@

Tune in tomorrow when I finish up this thread with the last several pieces I have made over the testing phase of 3.0 alpha.Hopefully I saved the best for last. :)

• Advanced Member
I'm sure others will exceed the level of quality in their sculpts then the ones that have been presented here..

Oh I'm sure they will. But I doubt that anybody will ever match the quality *and* quantity that we've seen in this thread!

You can afford to take a two hundred year break now while we all catch up.

• Advanced Member

good works, why end the thread? I thought it was like a sketchbook thread? I update my sketchbook thread like once a month and it doesnt matter, dont feel you have to make stuff just so you have something to put here. The girls head is cool but her lips or mouth look a bit odd/stuck on, more work on the muscle shapes around the mouth may help or maybe just a different shader.

• Contributor

This is not the end of posting here just the end of this long thread highlighting work done in 3DC alpha testing.I will start a new thread with work done in release 3.0 through 4.0.But I may take a break for a little while.I have been working non stop on sculpts for months now and am a little tapped out.Need to recharge my batteries then start new work.

I know people want tutorials as well so maybe I'll see what I can come up with.If anybody has suggestions let me know.

Your basic workflow inside of 3DCoat, the tools you use and how you use them, work on a moderately detailed project from start to finish in detail, audio is essential.

I would recommend using Techsmiths tools, either Camtasia or Jing to record with, Camtasia for better quality control and longer recording and jing for shorter tutorials, couple this with their online storage, which has become seamless, it's one stop shop for creating tutorials http://www.screencast.com/tools.aspx

Take a break and walk in the sun, breath the fresh air :)