3DCoat Forums

Multiple UV sets converge into a single OBJ on Export, but paint remains separated

Count Vertsalot

Go to solution Solved by Tony Nemo,

I'm attempting to paint a project in 3D Coat. Actually all the work is done and I just need to export it. Throughout the project I added new objects that I built in an external app. I was careful to ensure that the UVs for each new object fit correctly inside the original object's UV map, but I only imported each new object individually. I now have a total of 6 UV maps in 3D Coat. When I go to export the mesh and textures, the mesh exports correctly and all the UVs converge into a single UV map and work perfectly. However, upon export I get 6 different texture maps, one for each UV map that was in 3D Coat. How to I merge them all inside 3D Coat?

Importing a new UV map with everything together doesn't work, it destroys the paint. Same goes for using the Move Select tool in the UV room. I just want a single texture map for each export because I have 10 different textures to export for my purposes, times that by 6 and you get a lot of extra work.