3DCoat Forums

Clone from different layer...

mocaw

• Advanced Member

I'm sure this has been requested before since it's such a standard PS thing, but the ability to clone from one layer to another would be great. I was just using your excellent mirroring parameter for the clone tool and wanted to put more info on another layer, so as to avoid accidentally going over my original work...but alas it is not so!

Thanks again for the great program- bought it today as I finally have some time to play with it...and avoid Illustrator for a few hours!

Thanks!

Gideon

I'm sure this has been requested before since it's such a standard PS thing, but the ability to clone from one layer to another would be great. I was just using your excellent mirroring parameter for the clone tool and wanted to put more info on another layer, so as to avoid accidentally going over my original work...but alas it is not so!

Thanks again for the great program- bought it today as I finally have some time to play with it...and avoid Illustrator for a few hours!

Thanks!

Gideon

There is possibility to clone merged summ of lyers on current layer. If you will make 2 layers visible - source and current, you will be able to clone from one layer to other.

But I agree, it must be done...

• Advanced Member
There is possibility to clone merged summ of lyers on current layer. If you will make 2 layers visible - source and current, you will be able to clone from one layer to other.

But I agree, it must be done...

I figured this out RIGHT after posting! I need to start clicking on some radio buttons even if they are not in the PDF help and see what happens!

Thanks again for a great program!

Is there a user wiki with manual? I know you're busy programing with the strength and determination of 10 people so it might be a good idea to let the wonderful user base do this- I'll look around, I'm sure it's already there!

Thanks,

Gideon

I figured this out RIGHT after posting! I need to start clicking on some radio buttons even if they are not in the PDF help and see what happens!

Thanks again for a great program!

Is there a user wiki with manual? I know you're busy programing with the strength and determination of 10 people so it might be a good idea to let the wonderful user base do this- I'll look around, I'm sure it's already there!

Thanks,

Gideon

Thanks for good idea!

We will make WIKI manual soon. At least it will be next task for webmaster.