3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Carlosan

Darktable - open source photography workflow application

https://www.darktable.org/about/

darktable is an open source photography workflow application and RAW developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. It manages your digital negatives in a database, lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable and enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.

RAW is the unprocessed capture straight from the camera's sensor to the memory card, nothing has been altered. There are multiple alternatives in the open source world for RAW development (ufraw, dcraw, rawtherapee) but darktable tries to fill the gap between the excellent existing free raw converters and image management tools (such as e.g. ufraw, rawstudio, f-spot, digikam, shotwell).

It focuses on the workflow to make it easier for the photographer to quickly handle the thousands of images a day of shooting can produce. It's also one of the very few FOSS projects able to do tethered shooting.

• Like 1

Wow nice! Found a windows version. Thanks for sharing!

Yes I did. Good program. Close to Lightroom.

http://www.darktable.org/2017/08/darktable-for-windows/

A long time ago there was a post about why we don't have a Windows port. While I still stand by what I wrote six years ago, the times they are a changing.

To cut a long story short, we are extremely pleased – albeit wary – to announce a very first official pre-alpha development snapshot for 64 bit Windows. We know it's still buggy, but as a sign of goodwill and request for help in testing it we would like to ask you to give it a try. Please report useful bugs in our bug tracker.

You can find the link to the binary on the pixls.us forum (a great place btw., you should check it out).