3DCoat Forums

Retopo quads leap off the surface.

Ghastly

Go to solution Solved by Ghastly,

• Advanced Member

I'm having problems retopoing a mesh. When I curve around the shoulders everything looks like it's snapping to the mesh properly when then when I change my view angle for some reason the quads end up leaping off the surface I'm retopoing and no matter what I do I can't get them to stick.

• Advanced Member

I'm using the Quad tool, and the Add tool. Basically it's the area around the back and top of the shoulders where the polygons won't snap to the mesh when I lay them down.

post-38257-0-51006000-1458267291_thumb.j

Edited by Ghastly

• Advanced Member

It's like there's something physically there that not only does the applied quads snap to but it also blocks things like the select tool and I have to rotate around it in order to be able to select vertexes.

• Advanced Member

Yup there's definitely something invisible there that the quads are snapping to. It's like a larger version of the sculpt I'm trying to retopo. It only appears in this area of the model though,

post-38257-0-13024800-1458270619_thumb.j

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

I found the problem. I had forgotten I had painted a hair model earlier in this file and then deleted it but didn't delete it's mesh from the UV room. For some reason the Retopo room was treating the UV room mesh like it was part of the sculpt. deleted it and everything is working fine now.