3DCoat Forums

drawing tablet communts

Burnart

My old Wacom ArtZ II has given up the ghost and I'm not in a position to lash out on an Intuos at this moment but I need a drawing tablet. A guy at my local computer shop suggested a Capax which is significantly cheaper - see the link:

http://www.capaxtech.com.au/capax3/html2/p...asp?code=171104

Is anyone familiar with this device? I've not heard of them before but is it really comparable to the Wacoms? I'm hoping to get some useful feedback from people who have come across them. What do you think of them? Positives? Negatives? Direct comparison with a Wacom? Would it be a good stopgap until I can afford an Intuos or do you have other drawing tablet suggestions?

I've never heard of them and that site seems to be down. However I've heard it multiple times... Nothing else even competes with Wacom. I have an Intuos 3 6x8 for my desk and a Graphire 3 4x5 that lives in my laptop bag.

I thought if any forum I look at regularly might have something to say about tablets it was this one given that 3d-coat seems kind of limited without one. Thanks for responding philnolan. What people have said to me in other forums and conversations is essentially what you say. Not sure why the site was not accessible.

Perhaps no-one has come across the capax before or its known by another name outside of Australia. As it turns out it doesn't appear to have tilt recognition - not a feature 3d-coat uses (as far as I know!) but other software I use does so I'm ruling out the capax and will probably go for an Intuos anyway - somehow!