3D Coat Forums
allexr

Hover train

9 hours ago, Kargall said:

Very interesting. Rendered with marmoset also ?

not marmoset.. Render in blender

next preview

Photographing the monitor on my phone :) when the blender rendering :D

WP_20160731_00_28_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, allexr said:

Photographing the monitor on my phone :) when the blender rendering :D

:download::D

Try to stick with setting up environment more than doing previews. I think that adding a proper hfri map is more sufficient than adding those black towers. I think that overall interior is looking good. 

Try to add more contrast lighting by deleting flood lights and adding fallof lights on columns bottom. Try to mix with cool and warm lighting to add a mysterious feeling to it.

In my opinion, this angar has to be way darker with warm lights on columns, and cold light from under the train. An environment hdri map can be either cold or harm with sun lighting from top left portion. But i think that warm colors are better.

I also think that place where people stand can be lighted more irregulary. Think of it as it was non perfect steampunk lighting with round pattern on the floor. It can be reached by adding neutral ies lighting of around 4500 kelvin

Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vladukenzo said:

Try to stick with setting up environment more than doing previews. I think that adding a proper hfri map is more sufficient than adding those black towers. I think that overall interior is looking good. 

Try to add more contrast lighting by deleting flood lights and adding fallof lights on columns bottom. Try to mix with cool and warm lighting to add a mysterious feeling to it.

In my opinion, this angar has to be way darker with warm lights on columns, and cold light from under the train. An environment hdri map can be either cold or harm with sun lighting from top left portion. But i think that warm colors are better.

I also think that place where people stand can be lighted more irregulary. Think of it as it was non perfect steampunk lighting with round pattern on the floor. It can be reached by adding neutral ies lighting of around 4500 kelvin

Thanks

It has been better ?

prerender_01.png

• Like 1

Irregular light means it has to be with some honey color. Ies must be wider and briighter. Try to find more complex ies profile. hdri is breety ok but it is better to be above the platz. on the other hand , it has to light on train to make its side to glow. It is okey that you have lighten the engines, but give some kind of bright blue light way down under the train/ I mean those big black holes

• Like 1

One extra question. In what soft you have made this environment. I didnt see it before in coat

• Like 1

another fine adjustment of the lighting and the environment.
I put a reflector on the front lighting

prerender_02.png

Edited by allexr
  • Like 2

the environment blocking in blender, detailing and texturing in 3d-coat

but i think that the modeling environment is not important since it is made :blush:
the name of the competition: Steampunk Vehicle
the 100% vehicle model modeling/sculpting in 3D-COAT, not use any external 3d modeler  :boast:

Edited by allexr
  • Like 1

Yes, I thought so. I put in just for good measure.

I am saving up a lot of rendertime if there's nothing there :D

by the way
thank you a lot of good advice

• Like 1

I'd better rely on render channels rather than on percise render. So better rely on phothoshop. Dont forget to fine tune your AA sampling. Use biased renders to speedup the process. Never use any caustics and SSS in such case. Save your channels in raw, tiff or exr format with16 or 32 bit format. Alfa loseless options are appreciated.

Edited by Vladukenzo
  • Like 1