3DCoat Forums

how to merge uv sets?

andre3000

• Reputable Contributor

Click the drop down arrow to the right of default. 

Yeah, I got so use to the text for years, the icons are fine but the text I know by just glancing..

unused.PNG

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

I used 3DC for 10 years now, so know where most stuff is... :declare:

Keep your tool tips on. hover over a tool or an item in the GUI.They do help. They should be on by default. If not select it under the preferences menu.

Watch Videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PILGWAY3DCoat/playlists    Some are older and the interface has changed but they will give you a feel how 3DC thinks. 

10 years! Wow you use it for game or 3d art?

As for the merging UV it works well but since I set my project at 1024, it's getting crowded in there and the resolution could be quadrupled, I looked inside UV and paint but couldn't find a project wide "preferences" like in photoshop. Is there such thing?

Also pack UV doesn't seem to take object scale into account so the last stuff I unified, the cables have super high pixel density and the larger object which was the object 0 has very low pixel density. Any way to control pack uv?

(it seems that uv packing takes the density in poly into account to scale the uv, instead of the relative size of obejcts)

((I figured it out - pack doesn't scale, just does something I don't know what, it's Auto Scale that needs to be applied))

Edited by andre3000
additional info