3DCoat Forums

Unity 3D for windows!

GED

• Advanced Member

I just got an email about this, it looks really cool!

Windows Editor Support

Unity 2.5 adds full support for Windows Vista and XP, with 100% feature parity and interoperability with Mac OS X. The Unity Editor has been rebuilt to look, feel, and function identically on both operating systems, each running the same underlying engine. The best part? Unity on either platform can build games for either platform -- cross-platform in the truest sense.

http://unity3d.com/unity/coming-soon/unity-2.5

I tried a trial of this a while ago and the interface was great and I could make a fps style run around of my 3D models it was really good but only on mac, now its out for windows soon :)

• Advanced Member
I just got an email about this, it looks really cool!

Windows Editor Support

Unity 2.5 adds full support for Windows Vista and XP, with 100% feature parity and interoperability with Mac OS X. The Unity Editor has been rebuilt to look, feel, and function identically on both operating systems, each running the same underlying engine. The best part? Unity on either platform can build games for either platform -- cross-platform in the truest sense.

http://unity3d.com/unity/coming-soon/unity-2.5

I tried a trial of this a while ago and the interface was great and I could make a fps style run around of my 3D models it was really good but only on mac, now its out for windows soon :)

yeah it's really nice - kind of expensive too = $2000

if you want the advanced shadows and fully featured webplayer

• Advanced Member
yeah it's really nice - kind of expensive too = $2000

if you want the advanced shadows and fully featured webplayer

yeah I dont see how they can charge $200 for indie which is pretty good just doesnt have fancy bells and whistles, and then almost $2000 for the same thing with a couple of extra shiny graphical features. I should imagine $400 for pro would be more realistic, I think most people who arent a big studio would be fine with indie and using baked lighting and textures to get professional looking results.