3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Add/Split in Retopo , then converting it into voxels.

Mariyan-Hristov

Hello everybody I want to ask , how do i make a selection in retopo mode with Add/Split over a mesh, then convert that selection into extruded voxels on a separate layer.

For example in this vis (06:15) You can see those colored graphics which he later converts into voxels on a separate layer, I also have no idea where to find this " merge " tool , can anybody please explain to me how he does it ? Thanks !

Here is the vid :

Helmet Sketch

• Reputable Contributor

If you need Retopo help. Lots of videos here.. https://www.youtube.com/user/PILGWAY3DCoat/playlists

The Merge tool is now the Import tool. Look at the picture which shows the import panel. Left toolbar of the UI under the Objects section.

1. Pick from Retopo.

2. set thickness

3. visual reference of the thickness.

You can choose to import as a voxel model or a surface mode model.

The above is not a tutorial with best practices but the method.

Experiment with the settings, voxel or surface mode resolutions. Try on a simple sphere to get an idea how the tool works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another method.

Voxel Layer tool. left Toolbar of the UI under the Objects section.

The basics, you freeze paint an area and that area is converted to a object on a separate layer according to your settings.

You can choose to import as a voxel model or a surface mode model.

The above is not a tutorial with best practices but the method.  

Experiment with the settings, voxel or surface mode resolutions. Try on a simple sphere to get an idea how the tool works.

import.JPG

layer.JPG

new.JPG

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Add/Split in Retopo , then converting it into voxels.