3DCoat Forums

Large Mesh importation error?

Ace-Angel

Hey to all,

I just finished sculpting a model in Zbrush, and decided to import it inside 3DC to start the Coloring and Texture creation.

The model I'm trying to import is about 1.6m polygons, but for some reason the Big Mesh Import function isn't working...any ideas why people?

Hey to all,

I just finished sculpting a model in Zbrush, and decided to import it inside 3DC to start the Coloring and Texture creation.

The model I'm trying to import is about 1.6m polygons, but for some reason the Big Mesh Import function isn't working...any ideas why people?

Wat is your workflow?

Have you imported lower subd level as initial mesh and then imported high poly mesh? Is there good uv-set (no mirror, no islands intersection)?

Yes, I checked everything, for some reason the program says it imported the Large Mesh fine, but I don't see it anywhere. I do see the base-mesh, but not the fully sculpted one.

post-908-1235330925_thumb.jpg

Here is the image, first image is base mesh, second is my sculpted model and the lower below are the UV's.

3DC doesn't import them for some reason. It's show the base-mesh fine, but it either runs out of memory for the sculpted ones or I can't seem to find them anywhere.

In general there are 2 problems.

1) Names of materials on low-poly pesh and high-poly mesh. High poly mesh has name defaultMat that is written in corresponding MTL file, but low poly mesh has no mtl file, so material name is default. 3DC tries to make correspondence between low and high poly meshes using names of materials. To make names the same you should export low and high poly meshes from ZB in the same way, with the same options and MTL files.

2) UV-sets are different on low and high poly meshes. The same solution - export low and high in the same way from ZB.