3DCoat Forums

Retopo and Paint complex models - workflow help

TominoKa

I am new to 3dc and I need some insights how to approach a complex sculpts with many parts when it comes to retopo and painting. The interior I sculpted I would like to end up with retopo model and 5 texture sets ( two walls, ceiling, floor and column).

For example the wall has a few parts with different voxel densities and different materials. Should I retopo it one by one or merge it (merge visible) and then retopo? If I do it one by one then I end up with multiple objects and I am not sure how to paint them on a single texture set. I saw a tutorial from Pilgway where all the layer were merger (Merge Visible) and then Autoretopo. This seems to be the better option but then I run into issues because my layers has very different voxel densities. Also once I merge layers into one how can apply different materials to different parts in paint room ?

If someone can explain the correct workflow for this case I would be really grateful! 

Annotation 2019-10-22 224746.png

• Advanced Member

You can use that merged voxel layer to create retopo, then delete it and use retopo object to bake multiple objects, all child layers will have separate paint layer that you can mask after that so you dont need to retopo every object.

Edited by Skye
  • Like 1