3DCoat Forums

Modelling from Scratch

barnabythebear

Hiya all,

New user here. I'm having a lot of trouble bringing geometry over from Silo3D so I have been looking at modelling my project from scratch in 3D Coat.

Are there any tutorials for starting to draw with polygons, lines and curves and extruding, sweeping them etc? I'm really struggling as I find the interface confusing. Should I start this sort of project in the sculpt room? I have manged to draw a curve but I can't find out how to drop the tool and leave the curve in place.

Thank you,

Nige.

• Advanced Member

You can try to import different format or reexport them in another software, 3dcoat should import them, do not forget to scale them to see in 3dcoat. So you do not need to make it from scratch.
If you want to keep old model topology, you need to work in sculpt layer, if it's not important you can convert to voxel and work with them. Depend of model what you making and your preferences. Voxel have uniform topology, sculpt may have different level of detail but less stable