3DCoat Forums

Bake the lightning information from the shade preview of the UVSet Window

Guedin

Hi there !

First, I want to say i'm really impressed by the work done for this awesome soft. I started to work with it recently and I already addicted ;)

If I post a suggestion for a feature it's because I share the idea on my WIP topic, and some people said that they agree with me.

So here's what I want to do :

I noticed when i open the UV-Set window, I can display the flat texture in shaded mode, which give a really cool effect indeed ! Here's an exemple :

Flat Color :

Color.jpg

And with shades :

Shaded.jpg

Is there a way to bake the shade and the light information in the texture ? Because at the moment i'm doing a print screen and paste it in my texture in photoshop, and it's not really accurate.

Thanks

• Contributor

unfortunately there is no other way than the printscreen workaround, right now. :pardon:

Andrew has pretty good idea how to achieve automated shader baking (he said it was 3 day thing :blink: ) but right now,

with v3 release coming up he probably has a lot more stuff to work on.Anyway,the shading display of the Uvset window was an experimental thing on his behalf,I don't think he knew so much people would ask how to export it.

Meanwhile,you can also try 3DC occlusion,it is a good compromise.