3DCoat Forums

Drop Down Menus

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

Hi, great suggestions here to help improve 3DCoat. I thought I'd add my suggestion to the mix!

I was working in sculpt mode in Alpha 86 (great improvement BTW) and I noticed the default UI had no Panels/Windows for the Brushes/Pens, Masks and Strips. I noticed this because I have been using the 2.17 version and they are there by default.

Now I understand they can clutter up the workspace and that's probably why it was decided to remove them, but to manually load them I had to load the Pens, Masks and strips by going to (Menu > Popups > Masks) etc. manually.

Sure you can save your own UI layout, but it would speed up your workflow and be more intuitive if you could instantly see and use the Pens, Masks and Strips right away in the default UI?

Please see the images below for more explanation.

post-920-1243282297_thumb.jpg

post-920-1243282315_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure adding buttons to the top row is the right answer, but as I was working I thought, boy wouldn't it be great and a whole lot quicker if I was able to visually see the Brushes or Pens Button and the Mask and Strip button, rather than having to search for them in a menu somewhere. I think it makes sense to add the functions that would be most used and leave others that are used less frequently where they are.

When I am sculpting I find I am hiding and showing objects quite frequently. I am also hiding and showing objects a lot when I am painting them so I think adding a button for the "Layers" would also be very helpful as I've described in my image and I would be helpful if it were added to the Paint window as-well-as the Sculpt window if possible.

post-920-1243292591_thumb.jpg

I think grey colored buttons that turn green (below) when selected fit the current UI better.

post-920-1243375532_thumb.jpg