3DCoat Forums

adding multiple pens at the same time?

SonK

• Advanced Member

I have about 97 custom pens and i wonder if Andrew can implement a way to add all of them at one time. Currently you have to add them one at a time and it takes long time.

• Advanced Member
Have you tried "Add existing folder"? Just put all your custom pens in a folder, and then use this command to select that folder.

Wow thanks, i totally miss that feature! :drinks::clapping: This is going to save me alot of time.

• Advanced Member

maybe i'm using it wrong but i select one file and it only added 6 pens, leaving 90 still not added. I'm running 3.00.06

• Advanced Member
maybe i'm using it wrong but i select one file and it only added 6 pens, leaving 90 still not added. I'm running 3.00.06

The 6 pens is the preset of 3DC. If no pens added, I'm afraid the layer structure of your 97 pens is not accord with 3DC's standard:

post-445-1244595283_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
The 6 pens is the preset of 3DC. If no pens added, I'm afraid the layer structure of your 97 pens is not accord with 3DC's standard:

the 6 pens are not preset AFAIK they are from my stamp folder(which arent included with 3DC)..but maybe you are right about the structure of the remaining pens. I'll just have to add them the manual way, one by one :|. it would just nice if i could select multiple pens like in Mudbox 2009 and add them all at once.

All of my custom pens are just a single black/white image save as a png.

• Advanced Member
the 6 pens are not preset AFAIK they are from my stamp folder(which arent included with 3DC)..but maybe you are right about the structure of the remaining pens. I'll just have to add them the manual way, one by one :|. it would just nice if i could select multiple pens like in Mudbox 2009 and add them all at once.

All of my custom pens are just a single black/white image save as a png.

I've recorded an action to convert the png to 3dc-ready psd, just batch running it on all of your pngs

and everything will be done. (dialog will pop up when saving files)

Hope this helps.

akira.

3dc_action.rar