3DCoat Forums

Zbrush to 3D Coat questions

nohryorha

Question

Hello everyone, i'm a zbrush user and I wanted to try 3D coat. I had some questions about stuff that can be done in zbrush and how to do them in 3D coat.

1. extrude, is the extrude brush the only way to extrude in 3d coat or can I mask out a section and extrude the entire area like in zbrush?

2. is there an equivalent to poly gorups in 3d coat?

3. the curve tool in 3d coat i've figured out how to change the shape, but um...how can i flatten it? In zbrush I can flatten it by using the z intensity, but I can't really flatten the curves in 3d coat without distroting it somehow.

Sorry in advance if these are worded kind of weird (i'm bad at explaining myself) or if these questions actually have simply answers (theres not a lot content on how to use this software).

Thank you in advance for the help!

I'm not sure how to relpy to answers but here's a picture of what i'm talking about for cruves.

Capture.PNG

Edited by nohryorha
claifcation

3 answers to this question

I want to know the point 1, How can I to extrude/extract the masking section like zbrush? Is it possible? I hope developers or 3dcoat users can help with this question.

After an hour searching on YouTube, "3DCoat masking Extrude", I realize that 3dcoat needs a video or series of videos called "3DCoat for Zbrush Users", a lot of softwares have these videos to make a friendly transition to the users that coming from a similar software.

For response to the question, I founded that in 3dcoat exists a series of tools called "Vox Layer", "Vox Extrude", that they make the same as zbrush masking/extrude.

Edited by MJonathan
I founded the answer!
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

1. there is several tools what can extrude depend of your need as new object etc. brush engine you can adjust so it can work as extrude. You need to see how selection works on E key, there are various methods to draw area like lasso, also spline can be used by tools along curve or fill inside curve area(RMB on curve or in curve tree or with enter key in some case). 

hAi6pSy.jpg

Edited by sprayer