3DCoat Forums

how to delete separate voxels objs

ghDude

Still learning this software.

1) I dropped three separate primitives in the voxels tab "scene" and was wondering how to "select and delete" the unwanted object. The are all on the same layer.

hiding still maintains the object.

thanks

• Reputable Contributor

1) I dropped three separate primitives in the voxels tab "scene" and was wondering how to "select and delete" the unwanted object. The are all on the same layer.

thanks

Yeah...this is not intuitive at all. We need better options to select an object and delete it. I tried right-clicking on the layer in the vox tree, and none of the objects are deleted after clicking "delete." Oh...once you click on something other than "Primitives," it will drop whatever you have hanging there. Very odd way of working, and not clear enough for people new to the program. Selecting and deleting should be as easy as pie, but it's not, currently.

We need to not have any primitve appear unless you click in the viewport, and there needs to be a "Selection" tool (like in 3ds Max, Maya...etc), to where we can select in the viewport (not have to right click on a layer) and that object highlighted with transform gizmo...when we hit the delete button on the keyboard, it should do just that.

Also the Vox Tree rollout perhaps should have a trash can icon at the bottom of the pallet (visible delete option)

• Advanced Member

thanks

The best way I have found for deleting large volumes in voxels with the current toolset is the primitive tool itself. If you hold down CTRL when you hit enter the primitive tool will work subtractively instead of adding voxels to the scene. You can 'cut' out unwanted objects or chunks quickly and easily with this. You can also use RMB options in the voxel tree to subtract one layer from another to get the same result. This will allow you to cut out fancy shapes instead of being restricted to the basic primitives and imported vox stamps.

Cheers,

-Oliver

The best way I have found for deleting large volumes in voxels with the current toolset is the primitive tool itself. If you hold down CTRL when you hit enter the primitive tool will work subtractively instead of adding voxels to the scene. You can 'cut' out unwanted objects or chunks quickly and easily with this. You can also use RMB options in the voxel tree to subtract one layer from another to get the same result. This will allow you to cut out fancy shapes instead of being restricted to the basic primitives and imported vox stamps.

Cheers,

-Oliver

great.. it acts like a boolean ..

thanks.