3DCoat Forums

Is there a way to turn Smoothing of Clay off?

Glitch Gremlin

Question

Ok, basically i want the Voxel Mode to look like Blender's Voxel Quadriflow, or whatever its called, or Kodon's. where the Voxels look Raw and Sketchy, not constantly Smooth no matter how low i go in Resolution. even Zbrush has the sort of "Pixel" looking surface when you go low enough, i use that sort of look to help "Feel" my sculpt.. if its always Smooth i don't get that same feeling. ill post a picture here of the sort of thing im talking about, if the option exists in 3DCoat im not sure, but that's why im asking. 

either way thank you for any help or insight anyone can provide! 

Blender.png

3DCoat.png

3 answers to this question

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Glitch Gremlin said:

Nobody? i can show you a better explanation of what im going after if i need too. those were just ultra quick doodles to show what i mean by how 3DCoats Voxels are Smoothed out, even when extremely low resolution 

Right click on the shader you are using, select edit current objects shader ( or other if you want a permanent change), 

and click Flat Shading.

cheers,

• Thanks 1

Nobody? i can show you a better explanation of what im going after if i need too. those were just ultra quick doodles to show what i mean by how 3DCoats Voxels are Smoothed out, even when extremely low resolution 

"Edit: Not sure if my internet acted up and i didn't see the Reply, but i wanted to edit my comment to state that i didn't see your reply until 4AM my time lol"

Edited by Glitch Gremlin

4 hours ago, Koray said:

Right click on the shader you are using, select edit current objects shader ( or other if you want a permanent change), 

and click Flat Shading.

cheers,

Thank you for your help my friend. it means the world to me. the more i learn about this program the more i see how perfect it is.. its actually amazing. 

• Like 1