3DCoat Forums

This is probably an unfamiliarity problem than it is an actual issue with e curve stroke tool.

It appears to me that the Curve stroke has problems interpolating the radius along with curve.

1) Import one of the provided plane object, enable wireframe, low poly, and snap to low poly verts in the view menu.

2) Select the paint brush tool, curve stroke, and draw a curve, changing the radius at each control point, then apply the curve. This is the result I get:

curvestrokeissue.jpg.aa9e56932c7c0b985a19f5d5304eb62f.jpg

If I don't vary the brush radius, it paints at the correct width down the stroke.  Varying the radius, especially across three or more control points, seems to bring this out.  I don't think this is unintended behavior on the tool's part, because It's done this on multiple versions (4.9 and up).  So it's possibly a user issue.  So, what things should I be looking at to insure the brush radius interpolates correctly down the stroke?  Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use this properly?

I know I've gotten it to work a couple of times, but I can't figure out what I did to do it.

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...