3DCoat Forums

Import of an existing cutout/transparency map

weird-grafx

Question

Hello,

I recently purchased 3DCoat Textura and am in the process of discovering everything. My goal is to create textures for DAZ Studio assets or modify existing ones. 
I know how to import existing Color, Normal...maps into 3DCoat, but how do I do that with a Transparency Map. In DAZ also called Cutout Map. Everything that is black on the map is transparent. Gray is partially transparent. 

How do I go about it?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hi

I never used that map inside 3DC to generate transparency hiding Layer0, but you can try this

Hovering your Brush over a layer, you can see a dashed-downward facing arrow. LMB click to reveal the Layer Blend panel. You can also access the panel from the menu Window>Popups>Layer Blending.

image.png

Then try using 

Clip Mask Layer: This drop-down list enables the masking of the current layer with another one. The color, depth, and Glossiness of the current layer will be clip masked by the selected layers’ color opacity. The transparency and depth of the current layer will be modulated by selected layer transparency.

Hope this help