3DCoat Forums

Mac stability

Go to solution Solved by SERGYI,

Hiya,

Looking at the latest version with a view to upgrade but I find it very unstable e.g. just clicking on the render tab gives me an immediate crash. Currently using an M2 Mac Mini Pro with  Ventura. Any Mac users using this combo without issues?

Thanks,

Nige.

• Thanks 1

I'm also a Mac user (just started to use the software today), currently running M2 Pro on MacOS Ventura 13.4.

Activity Monitor shows that 3DCoat is being run with x86 instructions instead of native Mac instructions.E1ujInQ.png

It could be a good idea to update the System Requirements page to inform that Apple Silicon is not natively supported (yet).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 7/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, Nige said:

Looking at the latest version with a view to upgrade but I find it very unstable e.g. just clicking on the render tab gives me an immediate crash.

Please download "3DCoat 2023.25" for macOS:
https://pilgway.com/~sergyi/links-macOS.html
For an unknown reason, the tab "Render" was crashing in "2023.23", built using the "Release" configuration (even on my Intel Mac). But it works in "2023.25".

On 7/19/2023 at 4:19 AM, artofcomputing said:

Activity Monitor shows that 3DCoat is being run with x86 instructions instead of native Mac instructions.

Building for Apple Silicon (arm64) is on the way. I have already built all third-party libraries for arm64. There is only one but the most critical step: migrate from the Intel-based TBB library into the standard library of modern C++. This complicated step is also in progress.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That is very welcome news! - also is there any chance with those of us using 3d mice to disable left mouse rotation / orbit?  I had to FREEZE the display in Zbrush and then only the 3d space-mouse would orbit..id love to have the option to disable mouse/pen orbit in 3dc.

That way the Pen / 3d mouse don’t fight each other.