3DCoat Forums

[Solved] How to apply a newly upgraded license?

Go to solution Solved by leo2883,

I posted this elsewhere, and sent an email to support, but only 1 reply in my post here, and none yet from support after almost a day. I would just like this solved, because theres no reason it should be this difficult to upgrade a license. 

So, i purchased a new license to update my perpetual 3DCoat software. The directions on the email tell me to copy some info that was on said email, but didnt tell me where to paste it. The person that replied to me on the forum told me to simply download the license from my account page on the site and paste it onto the 3dcoat file location. I did that, and nothing happened. I still get a message that the trial version has expired, and that it will run on learning mode.

Im completely lost as to what to do. im not prompted by 3dcoat itself to put the license anywhere specific, and the advice i was given doesnt do anything. can ANYONE please help me solve this?

The common procedures is go to Help menu > Install license

A popup panel as you to locate the license, search the location of the downloaded 3DCoat.license and that's it.

It will change the 3DC status to registered.

26 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

The common procedures is go to Help menu > Install license

A popup panel as you to locate the license, search the location of the downloaded 3DCoat.license and that's it.

It will change the 3DC status to registered.

i only see an option to uninstall the license. do i do that, and install the new one?

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] How to apply a newly upgraded license?