3DCoat Forums

Polygon Modeling Room Suggestions

Jones C

Sorry if this has been brought up before, i recently try so hard to learn the polygon modeling in 3DCoat. I have good understanding of topology and years of polygon modeling in other softwares. May i suggest

1. Having the Selection in modeling room constantly on by default. This will speed up the work flow. Having the auto select when user rollover surface,edge, or vertex is currently present in 3dcpat 2023, but everytime i perform an operation like extrude, the auto select is off, and i have to click select from tool list again. I know i can add hot key to this, but i am running out of hotkey to be honest. 

When user rollover an edge, then right click, please only shows function that is related to edge, and same for polygon or vertex.

2. Extrude and auto snap then fuse combine 2 surface,something like Qmesh in ZB. This will speed up the work flow so much. 

3. Bridge between 2 surfaces or opening edges. Currently the bridge is only available for edge.

Thank you. I understand the time is quite hard in Ukraine now. I wish the team all the best.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
17 hours ago, Jones C said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, i recently try so hard to learn the polygon modeling in 3DCoat. I have good understanding of topology and years of polygon modeling in other softwares. May i suggest

1. Having the Selection in modeling room constantly on by default. This will speed up the work flow. Having the auto select when user rollover surface,edge, or vertex is currently present in 3dcpat 2023, but everytime i perform an operation like extrude, the auto select is off, and i have to click select from tool list again. I know i can add hot key to this, but i am running out of hotkey to be honest. 

When user rollover an edge, then right click, please only shows function that is related to edge, and same for polygon or vertex.

2. Extrude and auto snap then fuse combine 2 surface,something like Qmesh in ZB. This will speed up the work flow so much. 

3. Bridge between 2 surfaces or opening edges. Currently the bridge is only available for edge.

Thank you. I understand the time is quite hard in Ukraine now. I wish the team all the best.

I find from my own experiences in the past, that if you can perhaps screen record exactly what it is that you want to happen when performing a certain function, or pasting a link to a video where the action in another app is performed the way you would like to see it done in 3DCoat, it will help the developers a great deal. It can really speed up the process of getting your request implemented. Sometimes, just explaining things in text form leaves them still guessing what it is exactly that you are asking for.

• Like 2