3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Cursor disappearing when leaving the mesh

Go to solution Solved by digman,

When I press the left button to model and move the cursor outside the mesh with the left button still pressed, it disappears. And this really gets in the way when I want to model a detail that starts at the end of the mesh.

In stroke mode curve stroke, this does not happen. Only hap

pens in the default pen stroke mode 

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

digman was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

It is not a bug but how the regular brushes work. 

Here is a Nav preset. Drop it in the folder shown in the picture.

The preset will appear in your Nav preset list under Custom Scheme which is under the Camera Icon. Load 3DC and you will see it.

In this Nav preset you can start in Screen space, once the cursor hits the edge of the model it will start to sculpt. You will not see the cursor in Screen Space till it hits the edge of the model.

You lose the ability to rotate in Screen Space by your holding down LMB, use ALT and LMB to rotate.

Picture shows the result. Top 2 strokes with the default Nav preset.  Bottom two with PaintEdge Nav Preset. You see the strokes started sooner as it started at the edge of the cylinder. 

There might be more I can do but has been a long time since I messed with a Nav preset. Years ago a user had a tutorial on it. I will see if I can find at Youtube.

Edit: The only item I change in the NAV preset is to disable the LMB function to rotate in screen space, everything else is left untouched.  I watched the Video and that is all that was changed.

Nav.jpg

PaintEdge.navigation

Here.jpg

Helped me a lot.
The bad thing is if I start brushing inside the mesh, the cursor disappears when it goes outside. But it's something I can adapt to. And also Steady Stroke, when the brush reaches the end, it stops brushing.

But it's something I can adapt to.

Thanks a lot for the help!

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Cursor disappearing when leaving the mesh