3DCoat Forums

Does anyone know how to undo smooth selection on a mesh post save?

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to undo smooth selection on a mesh I was manually retopoing. I was working in the retopo window, I applied a Smooth Selection CC on my mesh, and for some reason, I saved it after and when I opened it to find out the smooth has been applied on the mesh. Is there a way of undoing that? I can't seem to find anything on the subject.     I'm using the latest version of 3D coat 2023.40.

Thanks!

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

I believe there is not. There is no undo history saved with the file, at least I do not think so.

Only thing I can advise is to have AutoSave turned on in Preferences---General tab. If it was turned on which is on by default, load the last auto save or an earlier one.  You set the timing of the auto saves and how may to save.

I prefer this manual method. Incremental saving but that is a user's choice.  Before any major operation, I can save an incremental file or just to be safe. The file will be saved under the folder location of your original 3DC file. 

Ctrl + Shift +S

If you do not see your autosaves under the File menu----Open recent list, the files are located if using Windows, in the location shown in the picture. 

location..jpg

That is unfortunate. Thank you for the help Dig.  That would have been my next question if it was salvageable by autosave. I also do the same thing save before I make big changes to my project, but this was unwarranted. I'll keep the autosave option in mind. Thanks again! ^v^