3DCoat Forums

Store Symmetry Plane

Sui

Question

• Advanced Member

Coat has a powerful symmetry function, but there were certain moments where I need to turn off the symmetry, adjust gizmo or use a different kind of symmetry. I dont want to lose the symmetry information I previously used.

So is there a way to store the symmetry plane, or, alternatively, a way to use another object(or copy its local Gizmo) for symmetry?

6 answers to this question

• Advanced Member

I found a alternative solution. I can create a primitive, align it to use it as reference object. Every time I adjust symmetry or transform and need to go back to the previous symmetry, I copy the symmetry plane of the primitive by hand. This is a tedious process of constant copy&pastes of coordinates but it works. Now my question would be can I simplify this process.

If not, can I ask for this feature? Just let me copy&paste all coordinates, or Gizmo, or mirror plane, with one click. It's so annoying when symmetry got messed up.

• Advanced Member

THX. This can save some repetative Copy&Pastes time.

I shouldnt have asked for more, but I'll still write my thought about this down here. It will be great if a function can be implemented such as click on target object to copy its start and end points (just like how it works in boolean operation through right click then choose from viewport). Judging by the code you send me, it should not be very hard by importing another set of coordinates provided by target objects.

Anyway, the script alone is a big help. Thank you.

• Like 1