3DCoat Forums

Some of my requests..

Maximus3D

• Advanced Member

I'd like to see these things in 3DC

- Automatic meshretoplogy should be moved to and easily accessible from the Retopo tab, a button there on the left side would help. And also it should be easier to use on imported models.

- Painting with textures is somewhat weird now, i would like to see this improved so that it would be more logical and more kinda like what you get in Modo, Zbrush and Bodypaint when you paint textures on your models.

- A floodfill type of thing would be helpful when you paint something with a imported texture, once you floodfilled a texture on your model you can manually go in and paint away the visible seams or paint in other textures on a object.

- User specified path to storalocation of imported Photoshop brushes and other brushes as these will quickly fill up your C: drive.

- Pen options should be sticky when you switch from one brush to another, as it is now we have to change them if we change brush which is annoying. Pen options should be stored.

- Some basic meshoperations such as flip normals could be added as imported meshes are not always perfect.

More to come..

/ Magnus

I'd like to see these things in 3DC

- Automatic meshretoplogy should be moved to and easily accessible from the Retopo tab, a button there on the left side would help. And also it should be easier to use on imported models.

- Painting with textures is somewhat weird now, i would like to see this improved so that it would be more logical and more kinda like what you get in Modo, Zbrush and Bodypaint when you paint textures on your models.

- A floodfill type of thing would be helpful when you paint something with a imported texture, once you floodfilled a texture on your model you can manually go in and paint away the visible seams or paint in other textures on a object.

- User specified path to storalocation of imported Photoshop brushes and other brushes as these will quickly fill up your C: drive.

- Pen options should be sticky when you switch from one brush to another, as it is now we have to change them if we change brush which is annoying. Pen options should be stored.

- Some basic meshoperations such as flip normals could be added as imported meshes are not always perfect.

More to come..

/ Magnus

- Flood fill is already working. Of course you can fill areas, the whole object or layers with a color or a own texture if you like. There are a lot of options.

- What do you mean: Painting is weird? Where do you have problems?

- Pen options are sticky and the options are stored per brush. What do you mean exactly?