3DCoat Forums

Improve surface sculpting mode.

GabeM

A work around I have found when it is too difficult to work a model in 3D coat. Is to export to Zbrush, do what I need there and bring it back to 3dcoat.

Sculpting works a lot faster in ZB and there are many more brush options.

I would like to see the surface sculpting mode in 3D coat match the speed and options available in other applications. It seems a bit ignored right now. IMO it should be as important as vox modeling, with each having the options not available to the other.

For surface mode, I'd like to see these things added...

Multi res sculpting, with the ability to alter the base mesh topology.

Add fall off and alpha image options for every brush

Include an Inflate brush

Paint mask on surface

something like a Lattice deformer.

Fill brush

If possible, all the brushes should have a counter part in surface and voxel mode. You don't need to be switching back and forth to use general tools.

Voxel sculpting has some very nice options, but poly sculpting is more efficient with the speed and multi res work flow. I'd like to have the two methods combined in such a way that allows a user to work with the advantages of both. Switching back and forth doesn't have to happen often, only when you really need it.

Multi res levels could be automatically generated, but it doesn't have to go down too far. It can do what the quadrangulate does now, and up.

As much as I like what this program can do, the sculpting efficiency is the main thing keeping me from making the purchase.

The implementation of such a work flow would make 3D coat a must buy in my case.