3DCoat Forums

Rotating a Section of a UV Map to Fit

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

I have my UV map ready, but a small question. I want to rotate only a section of my UV map (see image) so it is easier to paint on in Photoshop. The problem is the pieces fit so well right now so I don't know how I can rotate it. I know how to use the rotate function in the UV editor to rotate the UV's but if I rotate this section it will be to big and will overlap. I can scale it down, but then I will have less area to paint on.

Am I correct in assuming that everything (all the UV's must fit within the 2048 x 2048 image area? Do I have any other options other than rotating the section and scaling it down to fit the image size.

Any help is much appreciated!

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-920-12575554822815_thumb.jpg

post-920-12575554822815_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Yep, what Luo said is what I usually do in a case like that. :)

Thanks Javis. Currently I only create very simple UV maps in 3DCoat but how do you create multiple UV's for more complex shapes like a person wearing a jacket, hat, pants and boots holding a sword for example?