3DCoat Forums

The Kif

Richard

Hi guys. I completely new to 3D Coat. I have had it for a week, and I chose this character to learn on.

It's a Kif, from C.J. Cherryh's Chanur Saga. There's not a lot of references outside of book covers (and they all vary wildly)

It's all voxel sculpting, and I plan on diving into the painting side in the next couple days. Any crits, advice, and general bashing is more than welcome.

post-2188-12578062819298_thumb.jpg

post-2188-12578063079852_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Hi guys. I completely new to 3D Coat. I have had it for a week, and I chose this character to learn on.

It's a Kif, from C.J. Cherryh's Chanur Saga. There's not a lot of references outside of book covers (and they all vary wildly)

It's all voxel sculpting, and I plan on diving into the painting side in the next couple days. Any crits, advice, and general bashing is more than welcome.

hi Richard ....great sculpt...nice form/shape.......especially like the cloth shape/folds....look forward to seeing him painted.smile.gif

lookin good...bet those teeth took some time and patience smile.gif

Actually, it wasn't too bad. I used the curve tool with the "straight' profile and the "wild teeth" spline option. I think perhaps they are too uniform looking, and I'm going to rough 'em up some.

And thanks.