3DCoat Forums

3D Coat to Cinema 4D or Unity...

splodge

• Advanced Member

I've just finished my first model in 3D Coat. I did a 'Quadrangulate for Pixel Painting' and was really happy with the results. I then exported my model to see how it would look in another program.. Not good!!. Both Unity and Cinema 4D both show the exact same irregular shading between several UV islands.

I then tried changing various export settings in 3D Coat - 'Normalize T to B', 'Padding on/off', 'Purple blackground, 'Green text' etc etc etc... No luck.. I also tried fiddling with the import settings in both programs.. No luck..

Has anybody had any luck when exporting to either of the above programs?

Don't make me retopo the bugger!

• Advanced Member

Nice shark!! :clapping:

Did you both use 'Quadrangulate and Paint'?. Because if not and you've both created your UVs manually then you just might not have noticed the irregular shading between the UV islands. Or if your object has very few UV islands then it's also going to be less noticable.

I'll go try to make an object that demonstrates the problem clearly. brb!

• Advanced Member

Here we go!:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-916-12605985411428_thumb.jpg

It's simply a sphere with three grids drawn onto it using the Toothpaste brush. I then did Quadrangulate for pixel painting'.

Notice how the bars that run into a neighboring UV island have their shading flipped?.

This is what I'm seeing in both Unity and Cinema 4D's editor.

It looks fine in 3D Coat:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-916-12605987989979_thumb.jpg

post-916-12605985411428_thumb.jpg

post-916-12605987989979_thumb.jpg