3DCoat Forums

Tutorials: Import and export

dogor

I'm optimistic about this software program and I can see it has more potential, I would like to see some tutorials in the near future concerning import and export of obj's and texture maps that could be used in Poser 4-7. Also anything this program is capable of doing(morphs or whatever). Thanks,

dogor,

1) about export: 3DB can export color/transparency/displacement/normalmap/mesh(obj,LWO) The exported mesh could be low - poly (like input mesh), middle poly (working carcass mesh - 40-80 k poly, for render it is better to use this mesh) or highpoly (actual mesh resolution). If you use LWO export then mesh will be exported with ready nedes structure for normal maps. 3DB can/t export morphs/animations, now 3DB is only for detalisation/sculpting.

2) About tutorials. We plan to make some tutorials. I think we will do it, but now the main progress if feature grow. I know, tutorials is something that is really important and one guy from our team will start making it in few days. If someone can help, please help.